Inhaul

Mike Broatch posted this 02 January 2017

Has anyone found a crafty way to stop the inhaul fraying where it passes through the cringle

1 Comments
Order By Standard | Newest | Votes | All
Guy Mayger posted this 03 January 2017

Hi Mike, I use 4mm dynemma for my inhaul which seems to wear, or rather, not wear quite well. Not what it's designed for, but runs ok through the cringle. My new ship came with some 3mm Excel which lasted half a dozen races only. Interested to hear if others have managed to fit a block to the tack eye to help smooth things out, but there is very limited space and as you pull it on you lose mechanical advantage as the tack gets closer to the mast. Also, take a look at your block tied/lashed to the mast and make sure the angles aren't causing the line to wear on the cheeks as that maybe the issue as much as the cringle. Often think there must be a better way to run this system! Cheers, Guy 5-69-1

PS. carry a spare 1m length of line in your halyard bag/buoyancy aid just in case :-)

Disclaimer: The National Solo Class Association disclaims any liability with respect to content in the blogs and forums areas of this web site. The opinions expressed by users in these postings are not necessarily the opinions of the Association or it's committee.