Rope main halyard

george keighley posted this 4 Weeks ago

I have always used a rope main halyard but it needs replacing. Can anyone recommend what type and thickness I should use ?

3 Comments
Order By Standard | Newest | Votes | All
Guy Mayger posted this 4 Weeks ago

Hi George, How are you cleating/tying off your halyard? That might make a difference on the sort of rope that's right for the purpose, but in general I would go for 4mm spectra or dyneema (basically the same thing). This material is very low stretch. With or without an outer cover depending on my first question :-) Our friends at P&B or Rooster have a good choice online and usual include details of suggested usage as well. Cheers, Guy 5691

Barrie Woodhall posted this 4 Weeks ago

Hi George, Dinghy Rope are also worth talking to - sponsers of the midland circuit. Barrie 5642

Ian Mcdonald posted this 4 Weeks ago

sorry to be old fashioned,but a wire haliard and rack and exact height settings with no chance of slippage or outer wear is good

Last Edited 4 Weeks ago

Disclaimer: The National Solo Class Association disclaims any liability with respect to content in the blogs and forums areas of this web site. The opinions expressed by users in these postings are not necessarily the opinions of the Association or it's committee.