Dalgety Scottish cancelled
Monday, April 26, 2021
Well the season has not started and I am already having to make a change. Although there seems a good chance that we will be able to travel to compete next month there are still going to be restrictions. This applies to Dalgety Bay as well. We won't be able to access the changing rooms etc but in addition the club have realised that they might not be able to man a committee boat easily. It seems better therefore to defer the Scottish Championship until later in the season and only have a one day event at Dalgety Bay on Saturday May 22. We might be using the shore based start line and fixed marks which is fine for a one day event.
Where to take the Scottish Championship to is tricky as well. It would have been easy to combine it with the Pusinelli trophy at North Berwick on July 3/4 however COVID means that there is already no accommodation to be had there. St Andrews would have been no different and my contact at Helensburgh said exactly the same. Hence we will be holding the Scottish Championship at Loch Tummel on September 18/19. This is a 2 day regatta so there will be no problem with us sailing on the Sunday. The Ben Ledi trophy that was meant to be sailed at Loch Tummel will now be sailed at Helensburgh on August 14.
So all our planned events are still there with just a little adjustment. Let's hope it stays that way and we can all meet on the water this season.