Saturday, January 23, 2021
DINGHY SHOW 2021
Concours d’Elegance and the NSCA
The RYA Dinghy Show, which, as a result of the pandemic is being held in the virtual World, are running the Concours d’Elegance competition to find who will be the fairest of them all. Owners of the most beautiful dinghies will have their pride and joy judged by a panel of experts and as the show has no limits to who will visit, it will be viewed across the planet.
We are giving members the opportunity to display your beautiful wooden or composite National Solo on the NSCA ‘booth’, we will judge entries into our own pecking order and that winner will receive one years free subscription to the NSCA. The main RYA show panel will judge the Concours d’Elegance and that winner will be the talk of the show.
You can of course send your entry direct to Y+Y but you will not be eligible for the NSCA competition.
We would love to have an abundance of beautiful Solos on our virtual stand so please send entries (criteria and details set out below) to [email protected] by Feb 24th
RYA DINGHY SHOW
We’re delighted that you are all joining us at the virtual show and as most of you know, we hold the Concours d’Elegance competition every year at the show. The coveted trophy for ‘boat of the show’.
We are determined to still award the trophy in 2021, but the entry process and judging will be adapted for the virtual show. While the judges love nothing more than to look over every boat inside and out, admiring the attention to detail, this year we’re going to have to do this all remotely.
To submit your entry, you’ll need:
- A video, up to 2 minutes long, showing the boat entered for the Concours d’Elegance in the best way you can. You can add a commentary to this video if you wish.
- Up to 5 photos of the boat.
- A description of up to 200 words as to why your boat should win the Concours d’Elegance.
- If possible, record the video in Full HD (1080p).
- Send the photos in as high resolution as possible.
- Please send the video, photos and description (preferably as a Word .docx file) via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging will once again be undertaken by Mark Jardine, Managing Editor of YachtsandYachting.com and Sail-World.com and World and European Champion Ben Saxton.
The winner will be announced at 3pm on Saturday 27th February at the virtual RYA Dinghy Show 2021 and also on YachtsandYachting.com.
All boats entered must have been sailed at least once and the entrants must be an exhibitor at the virtual RYA Dinghy Show 2021.