Corona Virus Update April 30th

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Update on the current Coronavirus COVID-19 situation

Your NSCA Committee met on 25th April via Zoom to discuss the options open to us with regards Open Meetings and Championships going forward.
Whilst everyone would like to get back on the water it is clear that at this time that is simply not an option, and we must continue to follow the guidance of the UK Government, and the RYA and these decisions are respected.
In the most recent update from the RYA dated 27th April, the situation remains as it was on the previous update the committee considered which confirms that all sailing events are suspended until 31st May.
The situation is evolving all of the time and it is expected that further updates may see this extend through into June, and the Committee will meet again in mid-May to consider this further at that time. Clubs deciding to cancel or postpone their own events in the meantime of course have our full backing and support.
At this time we still hope to hold our National Championship in one form or another at North Berwick in August, but we continue to follow the guidance, and any final decision will be made by mid-June and a statement issued at that time.

Doug Latta
President NSCA

Upcoming Events

Latest News

Latest For Sale